Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fifty Bucks

Buddy and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year, and every year Buddy would say: "Edna, I'd like to ride in that helicopter"

Edna always replied: "I know Buddy, but that helicopter ride is fifty bucks, and fifty bucks is fifty bucks."

One year Buddy and Edna were at the fair, and Buddy said: "Edna, I'm 85 years old ... if I don't ride that helicopter this year, I might never get another chance"

To this, Edna replied: "Buddy that helicopter ride is fifty bucks, and fifty bucks is fifty bucks."

The pilot overheard the couple and said: "Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and don't say a word I won't charge you a penny! But if you say one word it's fifty dollars."

Buddy and Edna agreed and up they went.

The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard. He did his daredevil tricks over and over again, but still not a word. When they landed, the pilot turned to Buddy and said: "By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!"

Buddy replied: "Well, to tell you the truth, I almost said something when Edna fell out, but you know ... "fifty bucks is fifty bucks!"

No comments: