Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fishing With Dad

This is me (on the right) and my fishin' buddy, Lloyd Linderman, on a lil' fishing trip Dad took us on ~ over to Lake Wabaunsee in the Flint Hills near Eskridge, KS. ~ fishing for carp down below the spillway. Circa 1963-64

This is my Dad ~ holdin' up a lunker!!

~~~**~~~**~~~
Alan Jackson ~ I Still Like Bologna

There's satellite communications
Long distance internet relations
The world's a little faster every day
I know it's all well and good
And I don't embrace it like I should
But I wouldn't wanna go backwards even if I could

[Chorus:]
But I still like bologna on white bread now and then
And the sound of a whippoorwill down a country road
The grass between my toes and that sunset sinking low
And a good woman's love to hold me close

I like my 50 inch HD plasma
Feels like they just reach out and grab you
500 channels at my command
I finally gave in and got a cell phone
That I hardly ever seem to turn on
I guess I never had that much to say

(Chorus)

I got a laptop that sits on a desk
I don't use it much except to check
On some ole car from yesterday
I kinda like that music thang
You just download 'em and you can save about
Every song that's ever been made

(Chorus)

Well I guess what I've been trying to say
This digital world is okay
It makes life better in a lot of ways
But it can't make the smell of spring
Or sunshine or lots of little things
We take for granted every day

(Chorus)

Yeah, bologna, a woman's love and a good cell phone...

1 comment:

Joy Tilton said...

Love these old photos, don't they bring back great memories?