Monday, March 22, 2010

Cherry Phosphate

OK, so I was reminiscing yesterday about the soda fountain in the old drugstore in my hometown (Wood's Drugstore) ... and in particular, the Cherry Phosphate sody pop that was made there. Y'all have had a cherry phosphate, right ... made with sweet thick concentrated cherry syrup and sody water. I recall going to the drugstore on Saturdays with a quarter (my entire weekly allowance) enough for a cherry phosphate which was a dime, a new Superman comic book which was also a dime ... and 5 pieces of penny candy to take home.

3 comments:

Mike said...

My weekly allowance was a quarter up until 1977.

Chez said...

so, how much does $400P give you now?

Mike said...

Depends on whether it's a 1 or 2 new purse year. I consider myself lucky if its over a buck a week.