Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cowgirl Made Me Do It

Well a few days ago I was over there at my blogger frien Cowgirl Jeanie's blog, and saw some great lookin' salsa that she'd made ... and it slapped an ahnvee on me dat I couldn't shake ~ so yesterday I got all my mice in place & hauled off and made me a batch. Thanks for the inspiration, Cowgirl.

Homegrown tomatoes, garden fresh bermuda onions, green bell peppers, ripe red hatch chiles, jalapenos & serrano chiles, fresh garlic, oregano, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, etc.

Gotta love them ripe, red homegrown tomatoes.

Everybody in the pool ~ simmer, simmer, simmer.

In the ol' steam bath ~ lid on & steamed for about 10 minutes. I made 4 quarts, but only processed three ~ dat 4th quart went into the fridge straight away ... and it's dang neart half gone already!
~~~**~~~**~~~
Sunday Gospel Tune
Iris DeMent - The Old Rugged Cross

2 comments:

cowgirl said...

Looks fantastic Chez! I bet it tastes danged fine too.
You've inspired me so many times with your tasty meals, I'm glad I could pay you back a bit. :)

Thanks Chez!

Chez said...

mais, just when i thought i was gettin' caught up wit you ... and now i gotta haul off and have a fish fry!! (g)