Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Morning Gospel Hour


Kieran Kane ~ A Prayer Like Any Other

It's way past midnight, everyone asleep
Outside the window it's quiet on the street
My bags are packed, my guitar too
Taxi's coming, nothin' I can do
Oh Lord, keep your eye on my friends
I’d just feel better knowing you're watching them
I've got to roll, take a little spin
While I’m gone, keep your eye on my friends

Gotta get home the only way I know
The long old road, steady and slow
One of these days I’ll come back
If the creek don’t rise and stuff like that
Oh Lord, keep your eye on this place
Keep it warm, keep it safe
You know I depend on your saving grace
While I’m gone keep your eye on this place

Bridge:
This is just a prayer like any other
Nothing more, nothing less
Just a prayer like any other
One more time could you just say yes

Oh Lord, keep your eye on me
You know how foolish and reckless I can be
Light up my way, so I can see
Oh Lord, keep your eye on me
Oh Lord, keep your eye on my friends
Oh Lord, keep your eye on this place

~~Written by Kevin Welch

No comments: