Thursday, December 25, 2008

Headin' Down That Dixie Line...

Mais, mah frien Paola Greg got me reminiscing this morning about dat 'lectric train set I got for Christmas when I was a kid. My grandparents gave it to me, and every year for about 10 years they would give me additional pieces for Christmas. My dad nailed the track to a sheet of 3/4" plywood, and set it up on a couple of old sawhorses in a spare room upstairs in our farmhouse. This is the only piece that I've kept ... I think it's made by a German company ~ Marklin? As you can see, it's collected a lil' dust sitting on top my teevee for the last 50 years or so....
~~~**~~~**~~~
Hank Williams ~ Pan American

1 comment:

Bill Hays said...

My Dad still has a train that looks very much like yours, and probably just as old as yours. I think his might be a size up from your scale though (maybe not). He still has the coal and butt (caboose) cars as well as a couple others along with the original transformer. The engine still spews smoke on command! I loved that train !!

Hope your Christmas was merry, John :)

Bill