Monday, December 1, 2008

Sweet Potato Biscuits

Made some sweet potato / buttermilk biscuits using leftover sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving ~ just dayum!!
~~~**~~~**~~~
Billy Joe Shaver ~ Ride Me Down Easy

This highway she's harder than nine kinds of hell
The rides, they're as scarce as the rain
When you're down to your last shuck, with nothing to sell
And too far away from the trains

It's been a good month of Sundays and a guitar ago
Had a tall drink of yesterday's wine
Left a long string of friends, some sheets in the wind
And some satisfied women behind

Hey, ride me down easy Lord, ride me on down
Leave word in the dust where I lay
Say I'm easy come, and easy to go
And easy to love when I stay

Put snow on the mountain, raised hell on the hill
Locked horns with the devil himself
Been a rodeo bum, a son of a gun
And a hobo with stars in my crown

Ride me down easy Lord, ride me on down
Leave word in the dust where I lay
Say I'm easy come, easy to go
And easy to love when I stay

No comments: