Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Smoked Chicken Salad

Mais, I had me a powerful ahnvee for some smoked chicken ... and since I'm still unable to eat *real* food because of some dental work, I hauled off and smoked a whole chicken & made chicken salad, stuffed it in a ripe homegrown tomato. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's girly foo-foo food ... but it beats the hell out of oatmeal!! After smoking the chicken yesterday, chilled overnight, pulled the meat off the bones today & coarse ground with some green and black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, onion, peppers and a lil' chipotle mayo.

1 comment:

~Mooney said...

Looks mighty tasty Chez! I made a dinner tonight that made me think of your soft diet. Over lunch, i came home and put 2 heads of cauliflower in a stew pot with some fresh onion, fresh garlic, and seasoning, and cooked until it fell apart. Gave a couple of quick mashes with a tato masher, and stuck in the fridge. After work, i made a roux, and ran the cauliflower through a blender. Mixed it all together, added some fresh thyme, and stirred until it got creamy and thick. Added some cream, and YUM, Cauliflower soup, peasant style. Got a loaf of bread in the oven too. I love this time of year!!!!