Thursday, July 26, 2012

BLT Panzanella Salad

 One of my favorite brands of bacon
 The star players:  homegrown tomatoes, toasted garlic/asiago focaccia and the bacon
 Also added some thin sliced Vidalia onions
Bowl lined with lettuce leaf and a handful of crisp shredded lettuce in bottom ... then in another bowl the tomatoes, onions, bacon and cubes of toasted focaccia are seasoned and tossed with a lil' Newman's dressing and some more shredded asiago, then served up atop the shredded lettuce ~ excess dressing/tomato juice poured over all so those bread cubes soak it all up.  Killer salad.

2 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

An Italian BLT! Where do you shop up there? You always seem to have the most delicious brands. They just opened a Fresh Market here and I am loving the huge selection of everything. Walmart or IGA's here, so I'm guessing by the full store at Fresh Market... that's an indication they will do a good business. You know what I bought today? With all the goodies... gourmet breads, cheeses, thick red steaks... I bought bean sprouts to make Pad Thai! They were demo-ing a rub on chicken breasts outside and either the rub or their hickory charcoal made the meat super strong. I didn't think that was possible for me!

Chez said...

I usually shop at Dillons or a lil' locally-owned market called Apple-Market. The Fanestil bacon is excellent, as are all their other breakfast meats. The Fanestil plant is in Emporia, Kansas (where I began my chef career) and I bought their products at all the restaurants i worked at for many years. Great company.