Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mama's Folly

This is my Mom ~ she had a lil' country cafe when I was growing up, and this is some press she got back in the 60's when she moved an old log cabin in to town & set it right next to her cafe. The old cabin was built in 1863 by early pioneers who settled on land that was eventually bought by my great grandfather T.I. Eddy & became part of Savannah. That little country cafe is where I learned how to cook ... and the Blue Willow Buffalo China plates that Mom used in that cafe (for her daily blue plate *meat & three* specials) are the very same plates that I use for my everyday china today.

1 comment:

Joy Tilton said...

That's so special. I love the plates, they remind me of my Mom. Your posts are more than food and that's what makes them so great! It's all about family...