Saturday, February 28, 2009

Grandma And Grandpa Eddy

Wasn't I a cute lil' bambino, huhhh????

Grandma Eddy and me. The lady was an Angel Of Love walked on earth ~ loved her God, loved her family and loved her country ... never asked for, nor expected anything more than what she had. She was the real deal.

Grandma & Grandpa Eddy (Walter and Lyda) and me ... circa 1951. Note Grandpa's farmer tan, and he got all gussied up in his Sunday overalls for this picture takin' ... even buttoned his collar button. He was a God-fearin', honest, hard-workin' salt of the earth man. They don't make'em like that no more ~ God rest his soul.
~~~**~~~**~~~
Osborne Brothers ~ White Dove

1 comment:

Chet said...

I see that tan and know a little bit about it and I see it on his rawbone hands too. I heard a saying once that said "work never killed nobody".