Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lonesome, Onery And Mean

I found this old pic of me, taken way back when I was Chef at the Continental Club (circa '78-'79) ~ having a ciggie break, it appears. Jeez, what was I thinking with the ciggies? Anyway, I was a rowdy boy back in those days ~ whiskey bent, and hellbound!
~~~**~~~**~~~
Hank Jr. ~ Whiskey Bent And Hellbound

I've got a good woman at home who thinks I do no wrong
But sometimes lord, she just ain't always around
And you know that's when I fall, I can't help myself at all
And I get whiskey bent and hell bound

Play me some songs about a ramblin' man, put a cold one in my hand
Cause you know I love to hear those guitar sounds
Don't play 'I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry' I'll get balled up inside
And I'll get whiskey bent and hell bound

Sure enough about closing time, about stoned out of my mind
And I end up with some honky-tonk special I found
Sure as the morning sun come, thinking of my sweet girl at home
And I need to get whiskey bent and hell bound

Play me a song about a ramblin' man, put old Jim Beam in my hand
Cause you know I still love to get drunk and hear country sounds
But don't you play 'Your Cheatin' Heart' cause that'll tear me apart
I'll get whiskey bent and hell bound

Yeah, old Hank's songs always make me feel low down

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That my friend is one AWESOME picture! You obviously rocked the '70s...