Friday, January 15, 2010

BBQ Brisket

Well, I hauled off and smoked a brisket yesterday ~ cut the point into burnt ends & thick sliced some of the flat for dinner last night. My dry rub was DP Redeye Express (it's got ground coffee in it) that I kicked up with additional fresh cracked black pepper. Smoked with hickory wood, and when I separated the point/flat at the plateau ... I crutched the flat with a lil' strong black coffee, and took it on up to about 190* internal.

This finishing sauce was exceptional ~ it's the liquid that was in the foil (about 1/2 cup) added to an equal amount of Arthur Bryants Original bbq sauce ... and then I whisked in 3-4 TBSP melted butter. Just fantastic. Sided up with some scratch bbq/baked beans, and a few X-hot pickles from Porubskys.

1 comment:

Big Dude said...

Looks like you're back in the saddle again - brisket looks great and I'll have to try the finishing sauce as I've always just collected and used the juice