Friday, June 26, 2009

Grits, Maters & Stuff

Went out this morning, for to pick a couple green t'maters to fry fer supper ~ din't have the heart to pick the lil' buggers afore they reached their full ripe, red potential. Couple mo' weeks and it's BLT city, baybee!!

Cooled off this evening wit a homemade strawberry shake, made with fresh strawberies and dat good Blue Bell vanilla ice cream ~ served up in a frozen mug. Delicious!

KC Strip Steak Au Poivre, sided up with some kaw-cajun shrimp & bacon on asiago grits and some roasted brussel sprouts. It ain't often a steak on my plate plays second fiddle to a side dish ... but the shrimp & grits stole the show.
~~~**~~~**~~~
Amazing Rhythm Aces ~ King Of The Cowboys

5 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

It all looks good! My tomatoes are getting there and I can't wait. My first bite will be a tomato sandwich...

Chez said...

good ol' tomato sandwich, one of life's simple pleasures. i grew up eating tomato sandwiches on fresh baked buttermilk biscuits.

Unknown said...

I have to remember not to look on this site when i'm hungry. i just grilled up some nice big okra from the farmers market. i just toss them in olive oil and smokin guns and grill them up nice. very tasty.

Chez said...

i gotta try that grilled okra thing ~ i've never done it before. friend of mine grilled some the other day and sent me a pic ... they looked real good.

Chris said...

I love me some stone ground grits. You brought a tear to my eye with this plate (only because it wasn't MY plate in front of me).