Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's Football Season

Circa 1968-69 ~ I was a 4 year letterman ~ 3 year all-league ~ all-state honorable mention my Junior year and all-state 2nd team my Senior year ~ recruited by over 60 colleges and universities.

The Fighting Onaga Buffalos ~ I played both ways all 4 years, right offensive tackle and left defensive tackle. We only lost 1 game in the 4 years that I played ... and that was a 51-0 loss to Centralia, who had a player you may have heard of ~ John Riggins.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

John,

Didn't you say that you were recruited to Kansas State by "We're Gonna Win" Gibson? While I am not a KSU fan, I remember that time as being an exciting time for the KSU faithful, especially after the previous 10 years under Doug Weaver.

Good picture of a handsome young man.

Len